Welcome Home Magazine Issue 8
A Happy New Year to you all and welcome to the Winter 2018/19 edition of Welcome Home, Avery Healthcare’s in-house magazine for all of our residents, staff, their families and friends and for everyone involved with our leading care homes and independent living residencies nationwide.
Fun and activities at all of our Avery homes continued apace last Autumn, with many great events and fundraising, plus the most lively and fun visits to many of our homes from our very own Avery Ambassador, Sherrie Hewson. Pictures posted on our social media channels demonstrate that our residents truly enjoy the most wonderful of lifestyles!
It is a well-earned recognition for all our hard-working staff that both as a company and as individuals that so many personal and group awards are won each year; real independent acknowledgement of the amazing care that is provided by so many dedicated people. In 2018 this has extended out into new areas of resident services, with awards from Hospitality Assured for the Hawthorns retirement communities and Gold CAP Culinary and Housekeeping awards for those Avery homes that have put themselves forward. Recognised awards, only achieved through the highest of standards.
You can read more about all of these items within this edition which we hope you will enjoy, and as always, we’d love to hear from our readers about any of our articles or topics that you would like to see covered in the future. It’s your Welcome Home.
Welcome message by Mark Danis, Commercial Director
Click the links below to see the individual articles inside our Winter 2018/2019 edition of Welcome Home:
- Long Service Award for Stephanie Bradley at Clayton Manorand Managing Director’s Award for Kim Young at Clare Court (Page 3)
- Care and Quality at Avery (Page 4)
- And the Winners Are… featuring: Avery wins at again at the Care Home Awards, Avery wins Excellence in Training at LaingBuisson Awards, Mark Bird’s win at the GBCA London regional final, Newcross staff shine in Great West Midlands Care Awards, South Lodge Care Home are a finalist in regional Caring UK Awards and our regional National Care Award and GBCA finalists (Page 5)
- Social Media Success in our Local Community (Page 6)
- All Assured at The Hawthorns (Page 6)
- Seasonal Greetings Card Competition 2018 (Page 7)
- Birchwood Grange – Our Home of the Quarter (Pages 8 – 9)
- * Playlist for Life at Avery (Page 10)
- Staff Engagement Survey (Page 11)
- Update on E-Care Planning (Page 11)
- * The Latest Culinary Workshops (Pages 12 – 13)
- Our Big Event Days for 2019 (Page 14)
- First Ever Chef’s Table Event (Page 15)
- Changes to Apprenticeships (Page 15)
- Spotlight on a Resident – Tina Nash (Page 16)
- Our Amazing People – Astbury Manor Care Home Team (Page 17)
- Lounging About at Avery (Pages 18 – 19)
- Macmillan Coffee Morning (Page 20)
- We Do Remember Them (Page 21)
- Care Quality Commission Round-Up: Clare Court Care Home Sparkles in CQC Inspection and It’s Good in All Categories At Amarna House Care Home (Back cover)
(Featured articles seen on our front cover are indicated with italics and a *)
Front cover: Celebrity Sherrie Hewson & resident Denys Urion.
Photography by John Lawton.
Welcome Home is your magazine. It’s a place to share your stories, your news and a place where together, we can share the success of what we fondly know as ‘The Avery Way’, so let’s get sharing! Let us know your thoughts by emailing us at email@example.com