Welcome Home Magazine Issue 12
A very Happy New Year to you all from this edition of Welcome Home magazine. I hope that you have enjoyed a lovely festive break, with friends and family, and that you’re still sticking to your new year resolutions as well as keeping warm!
In every edition of the magazine, we look back on the previous few months to bring you the best news and stories of everything that has gone on within the Avery homes and The Hawthorns retirement living communities, and this issue is no exception, with a range of great articles that demonstrate the care and quality synonymous with our company and our staff. Of particular note are the further outstanding assessments we have received from the care sector regulator, evidencing all the great work that the staff do to make Avery the leading caring company that it is.
At the start of the year, we also have the opportunity to look ahead at what 2020 may bring, and it promises to be an exciting time with three new home launches as well as initiatives for both our residents and staff, more of which you can find in the pages that follow.
Please keep your stories coming in for your magazine, whether it concerns residents or staff; we know there’s always a huge amount going on in our homes, and it’s great to be able to share them with you all.
Welcome message by Mark Danis, Commercial Director for Welcome Home Issue 12.
Click the links below to see the individual articles inside our Winter 2019/20 edition of Welcome Home:
- Macmillan Coffee Morning 2019! (Page 2)
- Avery’s Ton-Up Ladies! (Page 3-4)
- World Alzheimer’s Month (Page 6)
- Managing Director Awards (Page 7)
- *We’re Outstanding! An outstanding result for Ashurst Mews and Acer Court awarded ‘Outstanding’ in Responsive (Page 8)
- Polka dots, pyjamas and Pudsey! (Page 9)
- Remembrance Commemorations (Page 10)
- Sherrie’s Scrapbook. Featuring Acacia Lodge’s Macmillan Coffee Morning, Avon Valley’s Official Opening, Amarna House celebrates those who make a difference, Aire View’s 10th Anniversary party, Cliftonville’s Polka dot party and Astbury Manors Christmas Light Switch-on! (Page 11)
- Training Tripple! (Page 12)
- *Black History Month (Page 13)
- Where’s me Fork & Knife? (Page 14-15)
- Fun With Facebook – Pride month (Page 16)
- Seaside Romance at The Hawthorns (Page 17)
- Our Amazing People – Lorraine Ford (Page 18)
- Two wins for Avery at the Vegetarian for Life Awards (Page 19)
- It’s All In The Contract! (Page 21)
- Home of the Quarter – Acer Court Care Home (Page 22)
- Aire View Care Home’s 10th Anniversary! (Page 23)
- CQC Round-Up – The CQC Awards Cliftonville GIAC and Miramar receive great CQC (Back Cover)
(Featured articles seen on our front cover are indicated with italics and a *)
Welcome Home is your magazine: a place to share stories, news and where we can share the success of what we fondly know as ‘The Avery Way’. So let’s get sharing! Let us know your thoughts on this edition’s articles by emailing us at email@example.com