A team from Healthwatch Staffordshire recently inspected Alma Court Care Home in Cannock and were left impressed with the quality of care and resident services. Their visit sought to capture the resident experience in their own terms as well as input from relatives and staff. Healthwatch Staffordshire is the independent local voice for service users…Read More
Our Dementia Care Home is Open For New Admissions!
We can show you around our home via a VIRTUAL TOUR on video media if you contact us by telephone, and also enable you to visit your loved ones either by means of a GARDEN VISIT or a safe visit to an outside room especially designed for visiting. For more click here.
Latest CQC ESF Support Inspection passed! For this and more information on how we are effectively managing the pandemic click here.
Dementia Care in Cannock
- Care Services Offered: Specialist Dementia Care & Respite Dementia Care
- Manager: Simon Dixey
- Telephone: 01543 273860
- Awards: Winner of 4 National Care Home Awards in 2018 including Best Care Home Group (Large) & Qube Learning Employer of 2019
- Features: Expert round-the-clock expert dementia care, Positive approaches to behaviour support, Expert training regime, Small scale self contained units and sensory areas, Daily and varied activities, Delicious fresh food, Music based dementia therapy & Life storytelling.
Expert Dementia Care in Cannock
Alma Court Dementia Care Home is situated in Heath Hayes, Cannock, not far from the lovely countryside of Cannock Chase and the A460, and is a purpose-built specialist environment for those with dementia. We recognise that moving into a strange home far from familiar surroundings can be stressful both for the person concerned and their families and we do our best to settle residents in as quickly and sympathetically as possible.
Our residents are received with compassion and kindness, and the care is delivered by empathetic and friendly staff, in thoughtfully designed surroundings. We concentrate on a holistic approach and offer individually tailored therapies. We help many residents with comlex dementia needs live purposeful and happy lives.
All our bedrooms are spacious and bright and we encourage residents to bring as many familiar things with them as can be fitted in. The more the connections stay constant, the better a sense of well-being is maintained.
There are numerous lounges, decorated in soothing tones. One is fitted with a large screen projector for films, and is very popular with the residents. We are proud to have a unique, innovative and engaging sensory area, which delivers visual, touch and sound-based therapies — which is just as popular.
At our dementia care home we welcome the resources that the internet can bring to those with memory loss. YouTube can call up past events that strike a chord and The Daily Sparkle, a reminiscence magazine can spark connections too.
To see what we get up to you might want to view our dedicated Facebook that is kept updated with all the activities and goings on in the home, or call our friendly manager Simon Dixey on 01543 273860.Get in Touch
Our Dementia Care Approach – ReConnect
The Avery ReConnect Strategy for Dementia enables us to take time to understand each resident’s life story and build up a deep understanding of the individual, supporting each person with their own life decisions. We work hard to understand the background of each person’s journey, adapting our approach to meet their unique needs.
At Alma Court, residents live in smaller communities of typically eight to ten. The benefits of small communities for residents with dementia who need additional care and support are well documented, as larger environments can be overwhelming, heightening confusion and distress for residents with severe cognitive impairment. Our single-gender options also ensure that all needs and preferences are accommodated in safe and familiar surroundings.
Some Features of Our Dedicated Alzheimers & Dementia Care:
- We have a dedicated Lead Dementia Nurse and team of qualified nurses
- We provide intensive dementia support including 1:1 care
- Staff receive specific training in dementia and complex needs, including supporting people with complex behaviours-own in house training department including MAPPA trainer
- Person Centred and positive approaches to behaviour support
- Emphasis on the ReConnect Strategy as devised by our own Head of Dementia Services Jo Crossland
- We are made up of smaller, self-contained suites providing a homely environment – with kitchen areas used to maximise independence and relearn self help skills
- Excellent links with professionals and partnership working
- We enjoy an activities and well-being programme based on life histories
- We have built up excellent community links and own transport for outings
- We place a great emphasis on family and partnership working
- Playlist for life music therapy keeps surprising us with its ability to deliver meaning to residents
- Our own dementia café is hosted quarterly
Alma Court encourages everyone to shape life in the home. Staff are focused on residents’ well-being and spend quality time with them and their families, nurturing a true sense of community across every aspect of dementia care. Our aim is that everyone benefits from the very best physical, emotional and social support.
Shared Moments & Life Stories!
There’s always something fun and engaging happening at our nursing home in Cannock. Our Well-Being Coordinators provide varied and stimulating activities every day, in both group and one-to-one settings. From arts and crafts to giant football exercise classes, pampering sessions to live entertainment and pet therapy, there is something for everyone to enjoy. It might only be a goal with a balloon ball, but it’s still satisfying!
We also love to get out and about ourselves, and some of our favourite outings include visiting the local park for ice-creams and the local pub for lunch as well as regular trips to nearby Cannock Chase or further afield throughout Staffordshire.Enquire Now
You Are What You Eat
Nutritious, well-balanced meals form an integral part of life in our memory care community. We guarantee that our food is freshly prepared each day, locally sourced from across Staffordshire and as wholesome and nutritious as possible.
Our catering staff, led by an experienced chef, work hard to provide nutritionally balanced, satisfying meals within a traditional menu. We also provide alternatives when asked and will always take care of any special dietary requirements.
Our meals are served in the Dining Room, where there is opportunity to come together and enjoy conversations with other residents. However, if preferred, residents can eat in their own rooms. We have a Protected Mealtimes Policy in place, so that everyone can enjoy their food in a calm atmosphereArrange a Visit
Find Out More…
Latest Alma Court stories
Contact Alma Court
Interested in this dementia care home in Cannock? Complete the form below and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.
If you’d prefer to talk to one of our friendly managers, please use the information listed below.
Alma Court is open for visits 24 hours a day. Our Reception is open from 8.00am to 6.00pm Monday to Friday.
Thank you, we have received your enquiry.
We will respond as soon as we can.