Welcome Home Magazine Issue 10
It’s always a pleasure to be able to welcome you to our in-house magazine, and each quarter it’s equally great to be able to signpost you towards some of the key stories and events carried in that issue. As always there is so much for us to share in the work that goes in to giving our residents a lovely quality of life as well as what we do to ensure the best in care; it’s often a squeeze to get it all in, but our social media channels are the place to find more and for each care home to provide a window in to their daily lives with our residents.
Our Facebook pages continue to be abuzz with everything that we do with and for our residents, with the focus now firmly on Well-being and lifestyle. Top-quality care is expected, and we provide continual staff training to ensure that this is the case, but expectations now extend to quality dining, daily activities and entertainment, trips out and a comprehensive well-being plan for individuals.
You’ll find plenty in this issue on all those topics, but the stand out moment for me though has been our inaugural in-house Avery and Hawthorns Awards, the special part being that finalists are nominated by their peers, there being no greater accolade than to be judged as excellent by those whom you work alongside every day; they truly get to see what a contribution someone makes.
If someone you know in Avery or The Hawthorns who deserves recognition, then get in touch, we’d love to hear about your story and what a staff member or colleague has done that means a great deal to you
Welcome message by Mark Danis, Commercial Director
Click the links below to see the individual articles inside our Summer 2019 edition of Welcome Home:
- The Face of Avery (Page 3)
- Home of the Quarter – Rowan Court Care Home (Page 4 – 5)
- Training for Success (Page 6)
- * Avery’s Annual Awards 2019 (Page 8 – 9)
- * Avery Sous Chefs (Page 10)
- NACC Care Chef of the Year 2019 (Page 11)
- * Leadership & Management in Dementia Care (Page 12)
- Out & about with Sherrie, featuring: Walking the Hawthorns Way at The Hawthorns Eastbourne, Priory Court’s grand opening of their Burghley Suite, Birchwood Grange’s opening of new Dementia Caravan, Grove Park’s cheese and wine event, and Alder House and Acer Court welcome the Sherrie of Nottingham (Page 14 – 15)
- Our Amazing People – Rose O’Mara (Page 17)
- Fun with Facebook (Page 18)
- Having Faith in Well-being (featuring Clare Court) (Page 19)
- * Together Forever (Page 20 – 21)
- * Falls Prevention (Page 23)
- Care Quality Commission Round-Up: Alder House Retains Good In All Categories, Birchmere Mews Glows in CQC Inspection, Highcliffe Gets a Great CQC Result, Abbey Court Receives Good CQC (Back cover)
(Featured articles seen on our front cover are indicated with italics and a *)
Welcome Home is your magazine: a place to share stories, news and where we can share the success of what we fondly know as ‘The Avery Way’. So let’s get sharing! Let us know your thoughts on this edition’s articles by emailing us at email@example.com