Welcome Home Magazine Issue 11
Welcome to this landmark edition of Avery’s Welcome Home magazine. As you will have seen on the front cover, this issue recognises and celebrates our first home to be rated as overall Outstanding by the Care Quality Commission (CQC). Many congratulations to Joanna Roberts and her team for such a fantastic result at Acacia Lodge in Manchester!
The CQC has been busy visiting many of our services in the last quarter. Loxley Park in Sheffield came close to an Outstanding overall, achieving an Outstanding for Care in their report with Good in all other categories. All of the other services reported in this edition came in as Good, reinforcing Avery’s hard-working approach to quality in care and resident services throughout our group.
Our staff are full of imagination and creativity in their roles, demonstrating real person-centred care with our residents going on aeroplane flights, days to the seaside and fishing trips! This attitude to promoting a happier lifestyle is a key differentiator for Avery. Our social media offers a window into our homes and all that we do for our residents to help them relive memories and create new ones. With all the jolly japes that our residents have been up to, there are many great articles to share with you this issue!
As always, we would love to hear from you about our magazine, especially if you have ideas for an article or a great story to tell.
Welcome message by Mark Danis, Commercial Director
Click the links below to see the individual articles inside our Autumn 2019 edition of Welcome Home:
- Home of the Quarter: Group Support Centre (Page 4)
- Our Amazing People: Kate Sweeting (Page 6)
- A Chat with Pat (Page 7)
- * We’re Outstanding! Acacia Lodge is Outstanding, plus CQC results from Loxley Park Assisted Living, Clayton Manor Care Home, Horse Fair Care Home, Hempstalls Hall Care Home, Newcross Care Home, Aire View Care Home and Glenmoor House Care Home (Pages 8 – 9)
- Our Big Event Days Get Even Bigger! NCHOD Arts in Care Round-Up and Going the Extra Mile for the CWC in 2019 (Page 10)
- Gone Fishing at Pemberley House Care Home (Page 11)
- Sherrie’s Summer Scrapbook. Avery Ambassador Sherrie Hewson visits Hinckley House Care Home’s blooming marvellous Garden Party, planted a cherry tree at Acorn Lodge Care Home, a Summer Party at Ashurst Mews Care Home, Dukes Court Care Home’s staff awards, made a Rover’s Return at Hawthorns Care Home in Aldridge, Adelaide Care Home, joined in with singing and sewing at Newcross Care Home, helped our Deputy Manager Helen Brave the Shave at Lavender Lodge Care Home and Silvermere Care Home’s VIP Champagne Afternoon Tea (Page 12)
- Succession Planning: Link Trainers (Page 13)
- * Time to Veg Out (Page 14)
- Helen Simpson, Dietician (Page 15)
- Promoting Active Participation for Healthy Ageing at The Hawthorns (Page 16)
- Fun With Facebook – Our Summer Fayres (Page 17)
- * Dementia Care with Playlist for Life (Page 18 – 19)
- Bitesize Healthcare (Page 21)
- * In the Pink! and Purple (Page 22 – 23)
- Gladys Takes Flight (Back cover)
(Featured articles seen on our front cover are indicated with italics and a *)
Front cover: Joanna Roberts, Home Manager at Acacia Lodge Care Home in Manchester.
Photography by Stuart Boulton.
Welcome Home is your magazine: a place to share stories, news and where we can share the success of what we fondly know as ‘The Avery Way’. So let’s get sharing! Let us know your thoughts on this edition’s articles by emailing us at email@example.com