Welcome Home Magazine Issue 7
Welcome to the autumn issue of Welcome Home – Avery Healthcare’s in-house magazine for our residents, staff, families and friends and everyone involved with our care homes nationwide.
At Avery we had a great summer, the warmest and sunniest for several decades, with the homes helping our residents spend more of their time outside in the gardens with summer fêtes and alfresco dining, gaining the health benefits of the fresh air and exercise outdoors and enjoying the flowers, plants and wildlife. It’s now time to get the jumpers out and look forward to the colours of Autumn!
In this issue, in particular, you can read about how well-being has been given real meaning through the
implementation of an outcomes and measurement tool, our Community Nurse Model, and our leading programme for those living with dementia called ReConnect. Reflecting the quality of the staff involved in these initiatives, and the latest in research, Avery’s innovations meet the challenges of the sector and provide real solutions to improve the lives of those we care for.
It’s a truly inspiring place to be.
Welcome message by Mark Danis, Commercial Director
Click the links below to see the individual articles inside our autumn 2018 edition of Welcome Home:
- Managing Director’s Award for Simon Lawrence and Alex Philips (Page 3)
- Avery Lead Community Nurse (LCN) Model (Page 4)
- Measuring Well-being (Page 5)
- Social Media Success / Fun with Facebook! (Page 6)
- Announcing Our New Ambassador – Sherrie Hewson! (Page 6)
- Walking4Life at The Hawthorns Braintree (Page 7)
- * ReConnect (Pages 8 – 9)
- Texture Modified Diets (Pages 12 – 13)
- * Home of the Quarter – Reaching New (Derby) Heights! (Page 14)
- Preventing Falls (Page 15)
- * Summer Cocktail Party (Page 16)
- Avery Team Walk The Extra Mile For Care Workers Charity (Page 17)
- Competencies & Career Pathways (Page 17)
- * Avery Café Culture (Pages 18 – 19)
- After Three. One, Two Three – Doubles! CAP Awards for Derby Heights and Scholars Mews Care Home (Page 20)
- STOP PRESS! Laing Buisson Awards (Page 21)
- Spotlight on a Resident – Eric Frost (Page 22)
- Our Amazing People – Horse Fair Care Home Team (Page 23)
- Care Quality Commission Round-Up… Avonmere Care Home get Good in All Categories, Astbury Manor Care Home achieved Good CQC, Seagrave House Care Home achieve Good CQC (Back cover)
(Featured articles seen on our front cover are indicated with italics and a *)